Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Scanner

Monday, October 28, 2013

Pumpkin all the way!!! Seeds and Pie... OH MY!

I love to call this time of year the Pumpkin Saga, because everything we see, do or make is PUMPKIN! lol This weekend was no different, we carved our pumpkin and roasted the pumpkin seeds. I usually make my pumpkin seeds sweet, this year I thought I would try spicy. They are pretty good, a little salty for me, but Hubby loved them.

Items you will need:

Pumpkin Seeds
Olive Oil (I just put some all over the pan lightly, approx 2-3 tablespoons)
Salt
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
Spicy Seasoned Salt (I got this at the dollar tree)
Garlic Powder approx 1tsp
Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Onion Powder approx 1 tsp

If you don't like salty, omit the salt and lightly sprinkle the spicy and lawry's seasoned salt. Yes I used all 3 salts!

No need to dry the pumpkin seeds or even rinse them, its ok to leave some pumpkin on them, more flavor... Just remove any big clumps or snotty pumpkin stuff before roasting. Then coat them in the olive oil and add the spices you want to achieve the taste you desire. 



Roast in oven on 300 for 45 minutes turning every 15 minutes


Next comes my super easy Pumpkin pie

Items Needed:

1 can of real Pumpkin pie puree
1 frozen pie crust
1 can of evaporated milk (15 oz can)
2 eggs
2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 to 1 teaspoons of ginger
1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
1/2 cup of Brown sugar
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Preheat oven to 400,  poke frozen pie crust with fork and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, remove from oven. Mix the remaining ingredients (Add spices to your liking, if you want a more flavorful pie add more spices, pour pumpkin mixture into prebaked pie crust and bake pie on 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 and bake for 50-60 minutes. Center of pie will jiggle a little. Place a butter knife in center of pie and if knife comes out clean, pie is done. Remove from oven and allow to cool.  

They cut the pie before I could snap a photo, so here is a half pie picture!

I wanted to show you how thick the pie was.


Monday Craft Corner
 
 After all this baking yesterday, me and my owl decided to make a fall craft. I am so proud of her, she did such a great job on this one!

 
Items needed:
Paper plate
black, brown, yellow, white, orange and green construction paper or scrapbook paper
brown paint
black pen
leaves (I purchased these from dollar general for a buck but you can also make them out of paper.)

Step 1: Fold the paper plate on each side
Step 2: cut the top of the paper plate like a U shape or curve
Step 3: Paint the owl plate brown
Step 4: cut 2 white circles for eyes and draw eyeballs with pen
Step 5: cut big yellow circle for moon
Step 6: cut orange triangle for nose/beak
Step 7: cut tree branch out of brown construction paper
Step 8: cut two half moon shapes in green for the owl's feet
Step 9: then glue everything on the black paper like above



1 comment:

  1. The seeds and pie look so yummy!!! Love the craft too, way to go!

    Thanks for following I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete