Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Scanner

Monday, October 28, 2013

Brrr Baby it's cold outside!!! Crock pot full of Chili

Nothing like a crock-pot full of homemade chili to warm us up this chilly fall weekend. The temperature went from 70 to 55 pretty much overnight so last night I went to the store to get items needed for my homemade chili. Once I make the chili we use different items as the base. For example sometimes we use rice or cornbread. I love putting rice in the bowl and pouring chili over top, then top with cheddar cheese. Or putting cornbread as the base, then chili over top with cheese and sometimes sour cream. It is all in what you like.

Items Needed:

1 pound of ground beef (browned)
1 large can of crushed tomatoes
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cans of chili beans
1 can of dark kidney beans
1 can of pinto beans
1 12oz can or bottle of beer
1 diced jalapeno
1 diced onion (I omit this now since hubby don't like onions) I use onion powder instead
2-3 tablespoons of chili powder
1 tablespoon of garlic
1/2 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper
1 tablespoon of cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Base Items:
Cornbread (I just jiffy cornbread mix as box says add 1/2 can of cream corn and a 1tbs of honey)
2-4 cups of White Rice
Cheddar Cheese Shredded
Sour Cream
Frito Scoops



First I cook the meat (I typically add a little spice to my meat as cooking). Once the meat is cooked I put everything in the crock pot. I drain the kidney beans and pinto beans, I do not drain the chili beans. If you feel the chili is to thick you can add beef stock or water. I do add a cup of beef stock to mine because we typically put rice or cornbread as the base and it really gets thick.


Cook in Crock Pot 8-9 hours on low


No comments:

Post a Comment