Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Scanner

Monday, October 21, 2013

Singing the Monday Blues with a Green Pumpkin Smoothie...

Oh Monday you truly snuck up on us today, even my owl was confused on why we had to get up early and get ready, she was thinking it was Saturday. Bless her heart. I guess that's how it goes when your having fun with your family.

Saturday morning we woke up for All You Can Eat Pancakes at IHOP, talk about feeling like a fatty all day. I had Pumpkin Pancakes and I'll be honest I really didn't like their version much. Maybe they weren't cooked right or it was the batter since they said the reason it took so long was because they had to make the batter. They were thin and gooey not like their traditional pancakes at all. It was more like pie than a pancake. Once our belly's were full, we rolled on over to Walmart to look at some tablets. We are thinking about going all geeky this Christmas and getting the boys tablets. We looked a few different models, not sure yet which one I plan to go with but I will keep you posted. Those new Nabi tablets look kind of cool and kid proof but a little on the expensive side. Then we danced around the toy section so my little owl could point out her favorite items she wants to tell Santa about. Now we kind of know how far in debt we are going to be this Christmas. lol

Finally we made it to Bass Pro where we got our Family Halloween Picture. Little Owl was a little afraid at first, she has a problem with characters that are in costumes like the Easter Bunny, Elmo, Pluto, etc. So when we sat down snoopy, charlie brown and the ghost fell over and she realized they were just wood cut outs so she felt much better about being so close to them. lol

Family Halloween Picture 2013

After Bass Pro we decided to stop by the Kia dealer so I could see my dream car up-close and personal. Talk about a major let down. I love the Kia Optima outside but the inside, Dear Goodness we need some help... The odometer/dash area was great, bright white lights, looks very sleek and new, but then we get over to the radio side and everything is RED! Talk about a eye soar! It just looked cheap and old. Then it has toggle buttons on the steering wheel, yea there is no way that will ever work for me. So needless to say I will never own a Kia.  However they did have a Hyundai Sonata on the lot and I loved it, Kia should probably take lessons from Hyundai. lol at least for interior design. So now I have a new car to drool over if I ever decide to buy one.

Now for my Monday Morning Green Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe:

Items needed:
- a handful of spinach or 1 cup of fresh spinach
- a half of can of pumpkin puree (100% pure pumpkin)
- 1 frozen banana
- 4oz  of almond milk
- 4oz of water (add more if its too thick)
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 or 4 ice cubes

Blend smooth and pour in a cup, this particular smoothie will make 30-36 ounces depending on how much liquid you add and should act as a meal replacement because of the amount and calorie content. Great to add to your breakfast routine!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment