Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Scanner

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Crazy Weather, Shepherds Pie and Happy Friday!

First of all it from freezing cold to 80 pretty much over night and I can't say I am terribly unhappy about that, it surely was nice to go trick n treating in warm weather. I can't say my owl or hubby was thrilled about the warm up. She was a cat wearing a velvet long sleeve dress with hood and boas and he was Garfield.  I think they both enjoyed their costumes better the previous weekend when it was 60. They were both good sports and we had a blast last night.  Unfortunately the warm weather is not here to stay, cold front coming in tonight and tomorrow we are back in the 60's.  boo-hoo!

So I have the left over chili and a 10 pound bag of red potatoes I desperately need to use.  I figured I would combine the two, for tonight's dinner.  So you ask WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

Shepherds Pie


So here is what you'll need:

Left over chili
1 can of corn drained
1 can of peas or lima beans drained
1 can of carrots drained
baking dish
potatoes peeled and diced
water
salt
butter
garlic
cheese if desired

First boil the water and salt on the stove in a pot
add peeled and diced potatoes and cook until tender/soft
drain the potatoes
add a few teaspoons of butter & garlic & cheese if desired to pot, add cooked potatoes and MASH!!!
Butter or spray butter a baking dish (glass or metal)
Add chili and all drained canned veggies to greased pan
top with mash potaotes
and baked on 350 for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are browned.








No comments:

Post a Comment