Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Scanner

Monday, November 4, 2013

Fall back Monday with Blacklist, Corn Dog and Strawberry Cheesecake...

Fall back Monday was quite a boring day at work, I pretty much counted the minutes until I was heading home. It was really cold and windy today. I guess that's why I couldn't wait to go home and snuggle up with my better half.  Not to mention one extra hour yesterday means driving home from work when its dark. WAAA WAAA.

I've never been much of a TV buff but tonight a new Blacklist comes on. I have to say I am quite addicted to this show. I LOVE JAMES SPADER and his character Red Reddington... He is superb in this show and definitely keeps me guessing. I do believe he will end up being Elizabeth Keene's father. Just a wild guess because he acts like a father figure and seems to know very much about her and her childhood.

So here I am sitting at home eating a state fair corn dog and strawberry cheesecake (recipe below), there went my diet... I will pretty much tell you running on the treadmill just went out the window. haha!

No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe: 

For the crust or purchase a graham cracker pre-made pie crust
1 package of graham crackers
4 tablespoons of melted butter
2 tablespoon of sugar

For the Cheesecake:

1 pound of cream cheese
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup of powered sugar

Strawberry Topping:

1 pound fresh (washed and cut) or frozen strawberries
1/4 cup of sugar
1 pkg of gelatin can be strawberry or plain
1 tsp of vanilla
4 tablespoons of water (if you need to add more water, just make sure to have cornstarch on hand to thicken the sauce)

Prepare the crust:
Use a blender or food processor and grind the crackers up into a fine powder, add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, then push mixture using your fingers or a spoon into a 8 or 9 inch pie plate. The slides should slightly come up.

Prepare the topping:
In a sauce pan combine strawberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water and cook over medium to low heat until soft. sprinkle gelatin and add remaining water. Whisk the gelatin until smooth then sit pot to side of stove to cool.

Prepare the cheesecake:
 Mix the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream on low to medium until smooth. Add vanilla and mix a few more seconds.

Final Steps:
Pour the cheesecake mixture into the graham cracker crust pan. Let it sit for an 1-2 hours then pour chilled strawberry topping on top and return to fridge for 1-2 hours (best over night)

Slice and Serve!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment