Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Scanner

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Zuppa Toscana Soup Silmilar to Olive Garden

I love trying to copy those famous dishes that chain restaurants almost to a point that is annoys my husband because at dinner I'll start guessing at what ingredients that used to make the dish. Then it is like a game to try to copy the dish. So here is my copy cat recipe for Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup.

Items Needed:

1lb of Hot spicy Italian Sausage
2-3 Potatoes thinly sliced
2-3 cups of Kale (no stems)
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
1 cup of heavy whipping cream (I use half and half for lower fat) * increase depending on portion
3-4 cups of chicken broth + 1 cup of water or 4 chicken bouillon cubes and 5 cups of water (please vary this depending on your portion size) I made this for 2 people.
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons of garlic
1 small onion or 2 tablespoons of onion powder
1 tsp of black pepper

You can either cook this in a crock pot on low for 4-6 hours or on top of your stove in a large pot. I let mine boil/cook for about an hour. I brought it to a boil for about 20 minutes then let it simmer for reminder of the time.





So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment